25 CFR 273.18 - Additional requirements for education plan.
In addition to incorporating the programs approved by the Indian Education Committee(s) as required by § 273.14(a), the education plan prepared by the prospective contractor shall:
(a) Contain educational goals and objectives which adequately address the educational needs of the Indian students to be served by the contract.
(b) Incorporate the program or programs developed and approved by the Indian Education Committee(s). As provided in § 273.17(b), changes in such programs must have prior written approval of the Indian Education Committee(s).
(c) Contain procedures for hearing grievances from Indian students, parents, community members, and tribal representatives relating to the program(s) contracted under this part. Such procedures shall provide for adequate advance notice of the hearing.
(d) Identify established State standards and requirements which shall be maintained in operating programs and services contracted under this part.
(e) Describe how the State standards and requirements will be maintained.
(f) Provide that the contractor shall comply in full with the requirements concerning meaningful participation by the Indian Education Committee as required by § 273.4.
(g) Provide that education facilities receiving funds shall be open to visits and consultations by the Indian Education Committee(s), tribal representatives, Indian parents in the community, and by duly authorized representatives of the Federal and State Governments.
(h) Outline procedures of administrative and fiscal management to be used by the contractor.
(i) Contain justification for requesting funds for operational support. The public school district must establish in its justification that it meets the requirements given in § 273.13(b). The information given should include records of receipt of local, State, and Federal funds.
(j) Include budget estimates and financial information needed to determine program costs to contract for services. This includes, but is not limited to, the following:
(1) State and district average operational cost per pupil.
(2) Other sources of Federal funding the applicant is receiving, the amount received from each, the programs being funded, and the number of eligible Indian students served by such funding.
(3) Administrative costs involved, total number of employees, and total number of Indian employees.
(4) Costs which parents normally are expected to pay for each school.
(5) Supplemental and operational funds outlined in a separate budget, by line item, to facilitate accountability.
(6) Total number of employees for each special program and number of Indian employees for that program.
(k) State the total enrollment of school or district, by age and grade level.
(l) State the eligible Indian enrollment - total and classification by tribal affiliation(s) and by age and grade level.
(m) State the total number of school board members and number of Indian school board members.
(n) List Government equipment needed to carry out the contract.
(o) State the period of contract term requested.
(p) Include the signature of the authorized representative of applicant.
(q) Provide written information regarding:
(1) Program goals and objectives related to the learning needs of potential target students.
(2) Procedures and methods to be used in achieving program objectives, including ways whereby parents, students and communities have been involved in determining needs and priorities.
(3) Overall program implementation including staffing practices, parental and community involvement, evaluation of program results, and dissemination thereof.
(4) Determination of staff and program effectiveness in meeting the stated needs of target students.