25 CFR 44.106 - How can the Secretary revoke an eligibility determination?
(a) In order to revoke eligibility, the Secretary must:
(1) Provide the tribe or tribal organization with a written notice;
(2) Furnish the tribe or tribal organization with technical assistance to take remedial action; and
(3) Provide an appeal process.
(b) The Secretary cannot revoke an eligibility determination if the tribe or tribal organization is in compliance with 25 U.S.C. 2505(c).
(c) The Secretary can take corrective action if the school fails to be accredited by January 8, 2005.
(d) In order to revoke eligibility for a grant, the Secretary must send the tribe or tribal organization a written notice that:
(1) States the specific deficiencies that are the basis of the revocation or reassumption; and
(2) Explains what actions the tribe or tribal organization must take to remedy the deficiencies.
(e) The tribe or tribal organization may appeal a notice of revocation or reassumption by requesting a hearing under 25 CFR part 900, subpart L or P.
(f) After revoking eligibility, the Secretary will either contract the program under 25 U.S.C. 450et seq. or operate the program directly.
Title 25 published on 2015-11-23.
No entries appear in the Federal Register after this date, for 25 CFR Part 44.