25 CFR 515.6 - Review of request for amendment of record by the Records Manager.

Beta! The text on the eCFR tab represents the unofficial eCFR text at ecfr.gov.
§ 515.6 Review of request for amendment of record by the Records Manager.

(a) The Records Manager shall, not later than ten (10) days (excluding Saturdays, Sundays and Federal holidays) after the receipt of a request for an amendment of a record under § 515.5 of this part, acknowledge receipt of the request and inform the individual whether more information is required before the amendment can be considered.

(b) If more information is not required, within ten (10) days after receipt of the request (excluding Saturdays, Sundays and Federal holidays), the Records Manager shall either make the requested amendment or notify the individual of the Commission's refusal to do so, including in the notification the reasons for the refusal, and the appeal procedures provided in § 515.7 of this part.

(c) The Records Manager shall make each requested amendment to a record if such amendment will tend to negate inaccurate, irrelevant, untimely, or incomplete material in the record.

(d) The Records Manager shall inform prior recipients of any amendment or notation of dispute of such individual's record. The individual may request a list of prior recipients if there exists an accounting of the disclosures.

This is a list of United States Code sections, Statutes at Large, Public Laws, and Presidential Documents, which provide rulemaking authority for this CFR Part.

This list is taken from the Parallel Table of Authorities and Rules provided by GPO [Government Printing Office].

It is not guaranteed to be accurate or up-to-date, though we do refresh the database weekly. More limitations on accuracy are described at the GPO site.

United States Code