25 CFR 558.3 - Notification to NIGC of license decisions and retention obligations.
(a) After a tribe has provided a notice of results of the background check to the Commission, a tribe may license a primary management official or key employee.
(b) Within 30 days after the issuance of the license, a tribe shall notify the Commission of its issuance.
(c) A gaming operation shall not employ a key employee or primary management official who does not have a license after ninety (90) days.
(d) If a tribe does not license an applicant -
(1) The tribe shall notify the Commission; and
(2) Shall forward copies of its eligibility determination and notice of results, under § 556.6(b)(2) of this chapter, to the Commission for inclusion in the Indian Gaming Individuals Record System.
(e) A tribe shall retain the following for inspection by the Chair or his or her designee for no less than three years from the date of termination of employment:
(1) Applications for licensing;
(2) Investigative reports; and
(3) Eligibility determinations.