25 CFR 700.161 - Substitute personal property - nonresidential moves.

§ 700.161 Substitute personal property - nonresidential moves.

(a)General. If an item of personal property, which is used as part of a business, farm operation or nonprofit organization, is not moved but is promptly replaced with a comparable substitute item at the replacement site, the displaced person is entitled to payment of the lesser of -

(1) The cost of the substitute item, including installation cost at the replacement site, minus any proceeds from the sale or trade-in of the replaced item, if any; or

(2) The estimated cost of moving the replaced item, based on the lowest acceptable bid or estimate obtained by the Commission for eligible moving and related expenses, but with no allowance for storage.

(b)Transfer of ownership. To be eligible for a payment under this section, the claimant shall transfer to the Commission ownership of the personal property that has not been sold or traded in.

This is a list of United States Code sections, Statutes at Large, Public Laws, and Presidential Documents, which provide rulemaking authority for this CFR Part.

This list is taken from the Parallel Table of Authorities and Rules provided by GPO [Government Printing Office].

It is not guaranteed to be accurate or up-to-date, though we do refresh the database weekly. More limitations on accuracy are described at the GPO site.

United States Code
U.S. Code: Title 25 - INDIANS
Statutes at Large
Public Laws