25 CFR Part 1000, Subpart G - Negotiation Process for Annual Funding Agreements
Subject Group 81Purpose (§ 1000.160)
Subject Group 82Negotiating a Self-Governance Compact (§§ 1000.161 - 1000.165)
- § 1000.161 What is a self-governance compact?
- § 1000.162 What is included in a self-governance compact?
- § 1000.163 Can a Tribe/Consortium negotiate other terms and conditions not contained in the model compact?
- § 1000.164 Can a Tribe/Consortium have an AFA without entering into a compact?
- § 1000.165 Are provisions in compacts negotiated before January 16, 2001, effective after implementation?
Subject Group 83Negotiation of Initial Annual Funding Agreements (§§ 1000.166 - 1000.179)
- § 1000.166 What are the phases of the negotiation process?
- § 1000.167 Who may initiate the information phase?
- § 1000.168 Is it mandatory to go through the information phase before initiating the negotiation phase?
- § 1000.169 How does a Tribe/Consortium initiate the information phase?
- § 1000.170 What is the letter of interest?
- § 1000.171 When should a Tribe/Consortium submit a letter of interest?
- § 1000.172 What steps does the bureau take after a letter of interest is submitted by a Tribe/Consortium?
- § 1000.173 How does a newly selected Tribe/Consortium initiate the negotiation phase?
- § 1000.174 How and when does the bureau respond to a request to negotiate?
- § 1000.175 What is the process for conducting the negotiation phase?
- § 1000.176 What issues must the bureau and the Tribe/Consortium address at negotiation meetings?
- § 1000.177 What happens when the AFA is signed?
- § 1000.178 When does the AFA become effective?
- § 1000.179 What happens if the Tribe/Consortium and bureau negotiators fail to reach an agreement?
Subject Group 84Negotiation Process for Successor Annual Funding Agreements (§§ 1000.180 - 1000.182)