25 CFR Part 166, Subpart C - Permit Requirements
General Requirements (§§ 166.200 - 166.214)
- § 166.200 When is a permit needed to authorize possession of Indian land for grazing purposes?
- § 166.201 Must parents or guardians of Indian minors who own Indian land obtain a permit before using land for grazing purposes?
- § 166.202 May an emancipated minor grant a permit?
- § 166.203 When can the Indian landowners grant a permit?
- § 166.204 Who may represent an individual Indian landowner in granting a permit?
- § 166.205 When can the BIA grant a permit on behalf of Indian landowners?
- § 166.206 What requirements apply to a permit on a fractionated tract?
- § 166.207 What provisions will be contained in a permit?
- § 166.208 How long is a permit term?
- § 166.209 Must a permit be recorded?
- § 166.210 When is a decision by the BIA regarding a permit effective?
- § 166.211 When are permits effective?
- § 166.212 When may a permittee take possession of permitted Indian land?
- § 166.213 Must I comply with any standards of conduct if I am granted a permit?
- § 166.214 Will the BIA notify the permittee of any change in land title status?
Obtaining A Permit (§§ 166.215 - 166.222)
- § 166.215 How can I find Indian land available for grazing?
- § 166.216 Who is responsible for permitting Indian land?
- § 166.217 In what manner may a permit on Indian land be granted?
- § 166.218 How do I acquire a permit through tribal allocation?
- § 166.219 How do I acquire a permit through negotiation?
- § 166.220 What are the basic steps for acquiring a permit through negotiation?
- § 166.221 How do I acquire an advertised permit through competitive bidding?
- § 166.222 Are there standard permit forms?
Permit (Leasehold) Mortgage (§§ 166.223 - 166.226)
- § 166.223 Can I use a permit as collateral for a loan?
- § 166.224 What factors does the BIA consider when reviewing a leasehold mortgage?
- § 166.225 May a permittee voluntarily assign a leasehold interest under an approved encumbrance?
- § 166.226 May the holder of a leasehold mortgage assign the leasehold interest after a sale or foreclosure of an approved encumbrance?
Modifying a Permit (§§ 166.227 - 166.231)
- § 166.227 How can Indian land be removed from an existing permit?
- § 166.228 How will the BIA provide notice if Indian land is removed from an existing permit?
- § 166.229 Other than to remove land, how can a permit be amended, assigned, subpermitted, or mortgaged?
- § 166.230 When will a BIA decision to approve an amendment, assignment, subpermit, or mortgage under a permit be effective?
- § 166.231 Must an amendment, assignment, subpermit, or mortgage approved under a permit be recorded?