26 CFR § 301.6241-2 - Bankruptcy of the partnership.
(a) Coordination between Title 11 and proceedings under subchapter C of chapter 63 -
(1) In general. If a partnership is a debtor in a case under Title 11 of the United States Code (Title 11 case), the running of any period of limitations under section 6235 with respect to the time for making a partnership adjustment (as defined in § 301.6241-1(a)(6)) and under sections 6501 and 6502 with respect to the assessment or collection of any imputed underpayment (as defined in § 301.6241-1(a)(3)) determined under subchapter C of chapter 63 of the Internal Revenue Code (subchapter C of chapter 63) is suspended during the period the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) is prohibited by reason of the Title 11 case from making the adjustment, assessment, or collection until -
(i) 60 days after the suspension ends, for adjustments or assessments; and
(ii) 6 months after the suspension ends, for collection.
(2) Interaction with section 6232(b). The filing of a proof of claim or request for payment (or the taking of any other action) in a Title 11 case is not be treated as an action prohibited by section 6232(b) (regarding limitations on assessment).
(3) Suspension of the time for judicial review. In a Title 11 case, the running of the period specified in section 6234 (regarding judicial review of partnership adjustments) is suspended during the period during which the partnership is prohibited by reason of the Title 11 case from filing a petition under section 6234, and for 60 days thereafter.
(4) Actions not prohibited. The filing of a petition under Title 11 does not prohibit the following actions:
(i) An administrative proceeding with respect to a partnership under subchapter C of chapter 63;
(A) A notice of administrative proceeding;
(v) The issuance of notice and demand for payment of an assessment under subchapter C of chapter 63 (but see section 362(b)(9)(D) of Title 11 of the United States Code regarding the timing of when a tax lien takes effect by reason of such assessment).
(b) Applicability date -
(2) Election under § 301.9100-22 in effect. This section applies to any partnership taxable year beginning after November 2, 2015, and before January 1, 2018, for which a valid election under § 301.9100-22 is in effect.