27 CFR § 28.250 - Bills of lading required.
A copy of the export bill of lading covering transportation from the port of export to the foreign destination, or a copy of the through bill of lading to the foreign destination, if so shipped, covering the acceptance of the shipment by a carrier for such transportation, shall be obtained and filed by the claimant or exporter with the appropriate TTB officer. Where the shipment consists of distilled spirits for deposit in a customs bonded warehouse, or distilled spirits or wines, for deposit in a foreign-trade zone, with benefit of drawback, a copy of the transportation bill of lading covering the shipment shall be obtained and filed by the claimant or exporter with the appropriate TTB officer: Provided, That such transportation bill of lading will not be required when delivery is made directly to the foreign-trade zone or the customs bonded warehouse by the shipper. Bills of lading shall be signed by the carrier or by an agent of the carrier and shall contain the following minimum information:
(a) As to spirits specially denatured spirits, and wines:
(1) The name of the exporter (if different from the shipper),
(2) The name and address of the consignee (foreign consignee in case of export or through bill of lading),
(3) The number of packages or cases,
(4) The serial number of the TTB Form 5100.11, 5110.30, or 5120.24, as the case may be, and
(5) The total quantity in wine gallons or liters,
(b) As to beer:
(1) The name of the shipper,
(2) The name and address of the consignee (foreign consignee in case of export or through bill of lading), and
(3) The number and size of containers.
The following state regulations pages link to this page.