27 CFR 40.182 - Record of tobacco and processed tobacco.
(a) Except as provided in paragraph (b) of this section, a manufacturer of tobacco products must maintain a record that shows the total quantity in pounds of all:
(1) Processed tobacco on hand at the beginning of each month;
(2) Processed tobacco received, together with the name and address of the person from whom received and the date of receipt;
(3) Processed tobacco used in the manufacture of tobacco products, together with the date of use;
(4) Processed tobacco lost, together with the date and other circumstances of the loss;
(5) Processed tobacco destroyed, together with the date and other circumstances of the destruction;
(6) Processed tobacco removed, together with the date of the removal and reason for the removal; and
(7) Tobacco (unprocessed) on hand at the beginning of each month and used in the manufacture of tobacco products, lost, destroyed, or removed during each month.
(b) A manufacturer of tobacco products that is required to obtain authorization to engage in another business within the factory under §§ 40.47(b) and 40.72(b) must keep records as prescribed in § 40.521, in addition to those required elsewhere in this part.