(2) The manufacture for, transfer to, or possession by the United States or a department or agency of the United States or a State or a department, agency, or political subdivision of a State, or a transfer to or possession by a law enforcement officer employed by such an entity for purposes of law enforcement;
(3) The transfer to a licensee under title I of the Atomic Energy Act of 1954 for purposes of establishing and maintaining an on-site physical protection system and security organization required by Federal law, or possession by an employee or contractor of such licensee on-site for such purposes or off-site for purposes of licensee-authorized training or transportation of nuclear materials;
(4) The possession, by an individual who is retired from service with a law enforcement agency and is not otherwise prohibited from receiving ammunition, of a large capacity ammunition feeding device transferred to the individual by the agency upon such retirement;
(c)Importation, manufacture, and dealing in large capacity ammunition feeding devices. Possession and transfer of large capacity ammunition feeding devices by persons who manufacture, import, or deal in such devices will be presumed to be lawful if such persons maintain evidence establishing that the devices are possessed and transferred for sale to purchasers specified in paragraph (b) of this section. Examples of acceptable evidence include the following:
(1) Contracts between persons who import or manufacture such devices and persons who deal in such devices stating that the devices may only be sold to law enforcement agencies or other purchasers specified in paragraph (b) of this section;
(2) Copies of purchase orders submitted to persons who manufacture, import, or deal in such devices by law enforcement agencies or other purchasers specified in paragraph (b) of this section;
(3) Copies of letters submitted to persons who manufacture, import, or deal in such devices by government agencies or other purchasers specified in paragraph (b) of this section expressing an interest in purchasing the devices;
(4) Letters from persons who deal in such devices to persons who import or manufacture such devices stating that sales will only be made to law enforcement agencies or other purchasers specified in paragraph (b) of this section; and
(5) Letters from law enforcement officers purchasing in accordance with paragraph (b)(2) of this section and § 478.132.
(Paragraph (c) approved by the Office of Management and Budget under control number 1140-0041)
[T.D. ATF-363, 60 FR 17452, Apr. 6, 1995, as amended by T.D. ATF-383, 61 FR 39321, July 29, 1996; ATF-11F, 73 FR 57240, Oct. 2, 2008]
Title 27 published on 2014-04-01.
The following are only the Rules published in the Federal Register after the published date of Title 27.
For a complete list of all Rules, Proposed Rules, and Notices view the Rulemaking tab.
This is a list of United States Code sections, Statutes at Large, Public Laws, and Presidential Documents, which provide rulemaking authority for this CFR Part.