27 CFR 70.77 - Collection of jeopardy assessment; stay of sale of seized property pending court decision.
(a) General rule. In the case of an assessment under 26 U.S.C. 6862, and property seized for the collection of such assessment shall not (except as provided in paragraph (b) of this section) be sold until the latest of the following occurs:
(1) The period provided in 26 U.S.C. 7429(a)(2) to request the appropriate TTB officer to review the action taken expires.
(2) The period provided in 26 U.S.C. 7429(b)(1) to file an action in U.S. District Court expires if a request for redetermination is made to the appropriate TTB officer.
(3) The U.S. District Court judgment in such action becomes final, if a civil action is begun in accordance with 26 U.S.C. 7429(b).
(b) Exceptions. Notwithstanding the provisions of paragraph (a) of this section, any property seized may be sold:
(1) If the taxpayer files with the appropriate TTB officer a written consent to the sale, or
(2) If the appropriate TTB officer determines that the expenses of conservation and maintenance of the property will greatly reduce the net proceeds from the sale of such property, or
(3) If the property is of a type to which 26 U.S.C. 6336 (relating to sale of perishable goods) is applicable.
Title 27 published on 2015-04-01
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 27 CFR Part 70 after this date.