28 CFR 13.6 - Criteria for reward.
(a) Information provided by any person to the United States for a reward under the Atomic Weapons and Special Nuclear Materials Rewards Act must be original, and must concern the unlawful:
(1) Introduction, manufacture or acquisition, or
(2) Attempted introduction, manufacture or acquisition of, or
(3) Export or attempt to export, or
(4) Conspiracy to introduce, manufacture, acquire or export special nuclear material or atomic weapons, or
(5) Loss, diversion or disposal or special nuclear material or atomic weapons.
(b) The amount of the reward shall depend on:
(1) The amount of the material recovered or potentially recoverable, and the role the information played in the recovery, and
(2) The danger the material posed or poses to the common defense and security or public health and welfare, and
(3) The difficulty in ascertaining the information submitted to claim the reward, and the quality of the information, and
(4) Any other considerations which the Attorney General or the intra-departmental committee deems necessary or helpful to the individual determination.