28 CFR 31.202 - Civil rights.
(a) To carry out the State's Federal civil rights responsibilities the plan must:
(1) Designate a civil rights contact person who has lead responsibility in insuring that all applicable civil rights requirements, assurances, and conditions are met and who shall act as liaison in all civil rights matters with OJJDP and the OJP Office of Civil Rights Compliance (OCRC); and
(2) Provide the Council's Equal Employment Opportunity Program (EEOP), if required to maintain one under 28 CFR 42.301, et seq., where the application is for $500,000 or more.
(b) The application must provide assurance that the State will:
(1) Require that every applicant required to formulate an EEOP in accordance with 28 CFR 42.201et seq., submit a certification to the State that it has a current EEOP on file, which meets the requirement therein;
(2) Require that every criminal or juvenile justice agency applying for a grant of $500,000 or more submit a copy of its EEOP (if required to maintain one under 28 CFR 42.301, et seq.) to OCRC at the time it submits its application to the State;
(3) Inform the public and subgrantees of affected persons' rights to file a complaint of discrimination with OCRC for investigation;
(4) Cooperate with OCRC during compliance reviews of recipients located within the State; and
(5) Comply, and that its subgrantees and contractors will comply with the requirement that, in the event that a Federal or State court or administrative agency makes a finding of discrimination of the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, or sex (after a due process hearing) against a State or a subgrantee or contractor, the affected recipient or contractor will forward a copy of the finding to OCRC.