28 CFR § 35.173 - Voluntary compliance agreements.
(2) Initiate negotiations with the public entity to secure compliance by voluntary means.
(b) Where the designated agency is able to secure voluntary compliance, the voluntary compliance agreement shall -
(1) Be in writing and signed by the parties;
(2) Address each cited violation;
(3) Specify the corrective or remedial action to be taken, within a stated period of time, to come into compliance;
(4) Provide assurance that discrimination will not recur; and
(5) Provide for enforcement by the Attorney General.
The following state regulations pages link to this page.