28 CFR 35.173 - Voluntary compliance agreements.
(a) When the designated agency issues a noncompliance Letter of Findings, the designated agency shall -
(1) Notify the Assistant Attorney General by forwarding a copy of the Letter of Findings to the Assistant Attorney General; and
(2) Initiate negotiations with the public entity to secure compliance by voluntary means.
(b) Where the designated agency is able to secure voluntary compliance, the voluntary compliance agreement shall -
(1) Be in writing and signed by the parties;
(2) Address each cited violation;
(3) Specify the corrective or remedial action to be taken, within a stated period of time, to come into compliance;
(4) Provide assurance that discrimination will not recur; and
(5) Provide for enforcement by the Attorney General.