28 CFR § 550.55 - Eligibility for early release.
(1) Were sentenced to a term of imprisonment under either:
(i) 18 U.S.C. Chapter 227, Subchapter D for a nonviolent offense; or
(ii) D.C. Code § 24-403.01 for a nonviolent offense, meaning an offense other than those included within the definition of “crime of violence” in D.C. Code § 23-1331(4); and
(2) Successfully complete a RDAP, as described in § 550.53, during their current commitment.
(b) Inmates not eligible for early release. As an exercise of the Director's discretion, the following categories of inmates are not eligible for early release:
(1) Immigration and Customs Enforcement detainees;
(2) Pretrial inmates;
(3) Contractual boarders (for example, State or military inmates);
(4) Inmates who have a prior felony or misdemeanor conviction within the ten years prior to the date of sentencing for their current commitment for:
(i) Homicide (including deaths caused by recklessness, but not including deaths caused by negligence or justifiable homicide);
(ii) Forcible rape;
(iv) Aggravated assault;
(vi) Kidnaping; or
(vii) An offense that by its nature or conduct involves sexual abuse offenses committed upon minors;
(5) Inmates who have a current felony conviction for:
(i) An offense that has as an element, the actual, attempted, or threatened use of physical force against the person or property of another;
(ii) An offense that involved the carrying, possession, or use of a firearm or other dangerous weapon or explosives (including any explosive material or explosive device);
(iii) An offense that, by its nature or conduct, presents a serious potential risk of physical force against the person or property of another; or
(iv) An offense that, by its nature or conduct, involves sexual abuse offenses committed upon minors;
(6) Inmates who have been convicted of an attempt, conspiracy, or solicitation to commit an underlying offense listed in paragraph (b)(4) and/or (b)(5) of this section; or
(c) Early release time-frame.
(3) If inmates cannot fulfill their community-based treatment obligations by the presumptive release date, we may adjust provisional release dates by the least amount of time necessary to allow inmates to fulfill their treatment obligations.