28 CFR 58.17 - Mandatory duty of approved agencies to notify United States Trustees of material changes.
(a) An approved agency shall immediately notify the United States Trustee in writing of any material change.
(b) An approved agency shall immediately notify the United States Trustee in writing of any failure by the approved agency to comply with any standard or requirement specified in 11 U.S.C. 109(h) or 111, this part, or the terms under which the United States Trustee approved it to act as an approved agency.
(c) An approved agency shall immediately notify the United States Trustee in writing of any of the following events:
(1) Notification by the Internal Revenue Service or by a state or local taxing authority that the approved agency has been selected for audit or examination regarding its tax-exempt status, or any notification of a compliance check by the Internal Revenue Service or by a state or local taxing authority;
(2) Revocation or termination of the approved agency's tax-exempt status by any governmental unit or by any judicial officer;
(3) Cessation of business by the approved agency or by any office of the agency, or withdrawal from any federal judicial district(s) where the approved agency is approved;
(4) Any investigation of, or any administrative or judicial action brought against, the approved agency by any governmental unit;
(5) Termination or cancellation of any surety bond or fidelity insurance;
(6) Any administrative or judicial action brought by any entity that seeks recovery against a surety bond or fidelity insurance;
(7) Any action by a governmental unit or a court to suspend or revoke the approved agency's articles of incorporation, or any license held by the approved agency, or any authorization necessary to engage in business;
(8) A suspension, or action to suspend, any accreditation held by the approved agency, or any withdrawal by the approved agency of any application for accreditation, or any denial of any application of the approved agency for accreditation;
(9) A change in the approved agency's nonprofit status under any applicable law;
(10) Any change in the banks or financial institutions used by the agency; and
(d) An agency shall notify the United States Trustee in writing if any of the changes identified in paragraphs (a) through (c) of this section occur while its application to become an approved agency is pending before the United States Trustee.
(e) An approved agency whose name or other information appears incorrectly on the approved list shall immediately submit a written request to the United States Trustee asking that the information be corrected.
Title 28 published on 2015-11-24
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 28 CFR Part 58 after this date.
Title 28 published on 2015-11-24.
No entries appear in the Federal Register after this date, for 28 CFR Part 58.