28 CFR 63.5 - Responsibilities.
(1) Has overall responsibility for ensuring that the Department's responsibilities for complying with the Orders are carried out,
(2) Will ensure that the Water Resources Council, the Council on Environmental Quality, and the Federal Insurance Agency (FIA) are kept informed of the Department's execution of the Orders, as necessary, and
(3) Will determine, and revise on a continuing basis, which components of the Department should take further steps, such as the promulgation of program specific procedures, to comply with the Orders. Considerations for making this selection are whether a component:
(iii) Conducts federal activities and programs affecting land use, including but not limited to water and related land resources planning, regulating, and licensing activities;
(1) Are responsible for preparing program specific guidelines or procedures, where necessary, to comply with the Orders and for updating these procedures, as required,
(2) Will maintain general supervision over any new construction planning within the office, board, bureau, or division to see that the policy considerations and procedural requirements contained herein are followed in the planning process,
(3) Will furnish, with all requests for new authorizations or appropriations for proposals to be located in floodplains or wetlands, a statement that the proposal is in accord with the Orders,
(4) Will provide information to applicants for licenses, permits, loans or grants in areas in which floodplain and wetland requirements may have to be met,
(5) Will provide conspicuous notice of past flood damage and potential flood hazard on structures under the component's control and used by the general public, and
(6) If responsible for granting a lease, an easement, or right-of-way, or for disposing of federal property in a floodplain or wetland to nonfederal public or private parties, will, unless otherwise directed by law.
(i) Reference uses in the conveyance that are restricted under identified Federal, State or local floodplain regulations; and
Title 28 published on 2014-07-01.
No entries appear in the Federal Register after this date, for 28 CFR Part 63.