28 CFR 802.23 - Use and disclosure of social security numbers.
(b)Exceptions. The provisions of paragraph (a) of this section do not apply with respect to:
(1) Any disclosure which is required by Federal statute, or
(2) The disclosure of a social security number to any Federal, State, or local agency maintaining a system of records in existence and operating before January 1, 1975, if such disclosure was required under statute or regulation adopted prior to such date to verify the identity of an individual.
(1) Disclosure is mandatory or voluntary.
(2) By what statutory or other authority such number is solicited, and
(3) What uses will be made of it.
Title 28 published on 2015-11-24.
No entries appear in the Federal Register after this date, for 28 CFR Part 802.