28 CFR 97.15 - Employee uniforms and identification.
(a)Employee uniforms. Uniforms used by private prisoner transport companies must meet the following requirements:
(1) Uniforms must be readily distinguishable in style and color from official uniforms worn by United States Department of Justice employees who transport violent offenders;
(2) Uniforms must prominently feature a badge or insignia that identifies the employee as a prisoner transportation employee; and
(3) Uniforms must be worn at all times while the employee is engaged in the transportation of violent prisoners.
(b)Employee identification. Identification utilized by private prisoner transport companies must meet the following requirements:
(1) The identification credentials must clearly identify the employee as a transportation employee. The credentials must have a photograph of the employee that is at least one inch square, a printed personal description of the employee including the employee's name, the signature of the employee, and date of issuance; and
(2) The employee must display proper identification credentials on his or her uniform and ensure that the identification is visible at all times during the transportation of violent prisoners.