29 CFR § 1910.302 - Electric utilization systems.
(a) Scope—(1) Covered. The provisions of §§ 1910.302 through 1910.308 cover electrical installations and utilization equipment installed or used within or on buildings, structures, and other premises, including:
(iii) Parking and other lots;
(iv) Mobile homes;
(v) Recreational vehicles;
(vi) Industrial substations;
(viii) Other outside conductors on the premises.
(2) Not covered. The provisions of §§ 1910.302 through 1910.308 do not cover:
(i) Installations in ships, watercraft, railway rolling stock, aircraft, or automotive vehicles other than mobile homes and recreational vehicles;
(ii) Installations underground in mines;
(iii) Installations of railways for generation, transformation, transmission, or distribution of power used exclusively for operation of rolling stock or installations used exclusively for signaling and communication purposes;
(v) Installations under the exclusive control of electric utilities for the purpose of communication or metering; or for the generation, control, transformation, transmission, and distribution of electric energy located in buildings used exclusively by utilities for such purposes or located outdoors on property owned or leased by the utility or on public highways, streets, roads, etc., or outdoors by established rights on private property.
(b) Extent of application—(1) Requirements applicable to all installations. The following requirements apply to all electrical installations and utilization equipment, regardless of when they were designed or installed:
(2) Requirements applicable to installations made after March 15, 1972. Every electrical installation and all utilization equipment installed or overhauled after March 15, 1972, shall comply with the provisions of §§ 1910.302 through 1910.308, except as noted in paragraphs (b)(3) and (b)(4) of this section.
(3) Requirements applicable only to installations made after April 16, 1981. The following requirements apply only to electrical installations and utilization equipment installed after April 16, 1981:
(4) Requirements applicable only to installations made after August 13, 2007. The following requirements apply only to electrical installations and utilization equipment installed after August 13, 2007:
(c) Applicability of requirements for disconnecting means. The requirement in § 1910.147(c)(2)(iii) that energy isolating devices be capable of accepting a lockout device whenever replacement or major repair, renovation or modification of a machine or equipment is performed, and whenever new machines or equipment are installed after January 2, 1990, applies in addition to any requirements in §§ 1910.303 through 1910.308 that disconnecting means be capable of being locked in the open position under certain conditions.
The following state regulations pages link to this page.
- 620 Ind. Admin. Code 1-1-22 - 620 IAC 1-1-22 - Electrical installations; noise exposure; adoption of federal standards