29 CFR 1910.410 - Qualifications of dive team.
(1) Each dive team member shall have the experience or training necessary to perform assigned tasks in a safe and healthful manner.
(2) Each dive team member shall have experience or training in the following:
(i) The use of tools, equipment and systems relevant to assigned tasks;
(ii) Techniques of the assigned diving mode: and
(iii) Diving operations and emergency procedures.
(3) All dive team members shall be trained in cardiopulmonary resuscitation and first aid (American Red Cross standard course or equivalent).
(4) Dive team members who are exposed to or control the exposure of others to hyperbaric conditions shall be trained in diving-related physics and physiology.
(1) Each dive team member shall be assigned tasks in accordance with the employee's experience or training, except that limited additional tasks may be assigned to an employee undergoing training provided that these tasks are performed under the direct supervision of an experienced dive team member.
(3) The employer shall not permit a dive team member to dive or be otherwise exposed to hyperbaric conditions for the duration of any temporary physical impairment or condition which is known to the employer and is likely to affect adversely the safety or health of a dive team member.
(2) The designated person-in-charge shall have experience and training in the conduct of the assigned diving operation.