29 CFR 1910.427 - Liveboating.
(a)General. Employers engaged in diving operations involving liveboating shall comply with the following requirements.
(b)Limits. Diving operations involving liveboating shall not be conducted:
(1) With an inwater decompression time of greater than 120 minutes;
(2) Using surface-supplied air at depths deeper than 190 fsw, except that dives with bottom times of 30 minutes or less may be conducted to depths of 220 fsw;
(3) Using mixed gas at depths greater than 220 fsw;
(4) In rough seas which significantly inpede diver mobility or work function; or
(5) In other than daylight hours.
(1) The propeller of the vessel shall be stopped before the diver enters or exits the water.
(2) A device shall be used which minimizes the possibility of entanglement of the diver's hose in the propeller of the vessel.
(4) A standby diver shall be available while a diver is in the water.
(5) A diver-carried reserve breathing gas supply shall be carried by each diver engaged in liveboating operations.