29 CFR 1926.1415 - Safety devices.
(1)Crane level indicator.
(ii) If a built-in crane level indicator is not working properly, it must be tagged-out or removed. If a removable crane level indicator is not working properly, it must be removed.
(iii) This requirement does not apply to portal cranes, derricks, floating cranes/derricks and land cranes/derricks on barges, pontoons, vessels or other means of flotation.
(2) Boom stops, except for derricks and hydraulic booms.
(3) Jib stops (if a jib is attached), except for derricks.
(4) Equipment with foot pedal brakes must have locks.
(5) Hydraulic outrigger jacks and hydraulic stabilizer jacks must have an integral holding device/check valve.
(6) Equipment on rails must have rail clamps and rail stops, except for portal cranes.
(ii) If a built-in horn is not working properly, it must be tagged-out or removed. If a removable horn is not working properly, it must be removed.
(b)Proper operation required. Operations must not begin unless all of the devices listed in this section are in proper working order. If a device stops working properly during operations, the operator must safely stop operations. If any of the devices listed in this section are not in proper working order, the equipment must be taken out of service and operations must not resume until the device is again working properly. See § 1926.1417 (Operation). Alternative measures are not permitted to be used.
- 29 CFR 1926.1440 — Sideboom Cranes.
- 29 CFR 1926.1408 — Power Line Safety (Up to 350 kV) - Equipment Operations.
- 29 CFR 1926.1437 — Floating Cranes/Derricks and Land Cranes/Derricks on Barges.
- 29 CFR 1926.1435 — Tower Cranes.
- 29 CFR 1926.1431 — Hoisting Personnel.
- 29 CFR 1926.1410 — Power Line Safety (All Voltages) - Equipment Operations Closer Than the Table a Zone.