29 CFR 1926.1432 - Multiple-crane/derrick lifts
(a) Plan development. Before beginning a crane/derrick operation in which more than one crane/derrick will be supporting the load, the operation must be planned. The planning must meet the following requirements:
(1) The plan must be developed by a qualified person.
(2) The plan must be designed to ensure that the requirements of this subpart are met.
(3) Where the qualified person determines that engineering expertise is needed for the planning, the employer must ensure that it is provided.
(b) Plan implementation.
(1) The multiple-crane/derrick lift must be directed by a person who meets the criteria for both a competent person and a qualified person, or by a competent person who is assisted by one or more qualified persons (lift director).
(2) The lift director must review the plan in a meeting with all workers who will be involved with the operation.
Title 29 published on 2015-07-01
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 29 CFR Part 1926 after this date.