29 CFR 1926.441 - Batteries and battery charging.
(a) General requirements - (1) Batteries of the unsealed type shall be located in enclosures with outside vents or in well ventilated rooms and shall be arranged so as to prevent the escape of fumes, gases, or electrolyte spray into other areas.
(2) Ventilation shall be provided to ensure diffusion of the gases from the battery and to prevent the accumulation of an explosive mixture.
(4) Floors shall be of acid resistant construction unless protected from acid accumulations.
(6) Facilities for quick drenching of the eyes and body shall be provided within 25 feet (7.62 m) of battery handling areas.
(7) Facilities shall be provided for flushing and neutralizing spilled electrolyte and for fire protection.
(b) Charging - (1) Battery charging installations shall be located in areas designated for that purpose.
(2) Charging apparatus shall be protected from damage by trucks.
Title 29 published on 2015-07-01
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 29 CFR Part 1926 after this date.