29 CFR 2203.5 - Procedures applicable to other meetings.
(1) Meetings announced. Public announcement will be made of every meeting that is not a regularly-scheduled meeting. This announcement will state the time, place, and subject of the meeting, whether it is to be open or closed, and the name and phone number of the person designated to respond to requests for information about the meeting. The announcement will be made at least one week before the meeting unless at least two Commissioners determine by a recorded vote that Commission business requires that such meeting be called at an earlier date. In that case, the Commission will make its public announcement at the earliest practicable time.
(2) Changes announced. The time or place of a meeting may be changed following the public announcement required by paragraph (a)(1) of this section, but only if public announcement of the change is made at the earliest practicable time. The subject of a meeting, or the determination by the Commission to open or close all or part of a meeting, may also be changed following the public announcement required by paragraph (a)(1) of this section; however, these changes may be made only if:
(i) At least two Commissioners determine by recorded vote that Commission business so requires and that no earlier announcement of the change was possible and
(ii) Public announcement of the change and the vote of each Commissioner on the change is made at the earliest practicable time.
(3) Form of announcements. The announcements required under paragraph (a) of this section will be made by posting a notice in a prominent place at the Commission's national office. In addition, immediately following each announcement required by paragraph (a) of this section, notice of the same matters described in the posted notice will also be submitted for publication in the Federal Register.
(1) Requirement that vote be taken. Action to close all or part of a meeting that is not regularly scheduled or to withhold information about a meeting that is not regularly scheduled, under any paragraph of § 2203.3(b), will be taken only when at least two Commissioners vote to take the proposed action.
(2) Separate votes required. A separate vote of the Commissioners will be taken with respect to each Commission meeting or each part of a meeting that is proposed to be closed under paragraph (b) of this section or with respect to any information that is proposed to be withheld under paragraph (b) of this section.
(3) Single vote on a series of meetings. A single vote may be taken with respect to closing all or part of a series of meetings under paragraph (b) of this section, or with respect to any information concerning a series of meetings, so long as each meeting in the series involves the same particular matters and is scheduled to be held no more than 30 days after the initial meeting in the series.
(4) Public requests to close meetings. Any person whose interest may be directly affected by a portion of an open meeting may request that the Commission close that portion to the public for any of the reasons referred to in paragraph (b)(5), (6) or (7) of § 2203.3. Upon the motion of any Commissioner, the Commission will vote by recorded vote whether to grant the request.
(5) Proxy votes; recording of votes. No proxy vote will be permitted for any vote required under paragraph (b) of this section. The vote of each participating Commissioner will be recorded.
(6) Public announcement of votes. Within one day after any vote taken under paragraph (b) of this section, the vote of each Commissioner on the question will be made publicly available at the Commission's national office. If any part of a meeting is to be closed under paragraph (b) of this section, a full written explanation of the Commission's action, together with a list of all persons expected to attend the meeting and their affiliation, will be made publicly available at the Commission's national office within one day after the vote to close.
Title 29 published on 2013-07-01.
No entries appear in the Federal Register after this date, for 29 CFR Part 2203.