29 CFR 31.12 - Effect on other regulations; supervision and coordination.
(a) Effect on other regulations. All regulations, orders or like directions heretofore issued by any officer of the Department which impose requirements designed to prohibit any discrimination against individuals on the ground of race, color, or national origin under any program to which this part applies, and which authorize the suspension or termination of or refusal to grant or to continue Federal financial assistance to any applicant for or recipient of such assistance for failure to comply with such requirements, are hereby superseded to the extent that such discrimination is prohibited by this part, except that nothing in this part shall be deemed to relieve any person of any obligations assumed or imposed under any such superseded regulation, order, instruction, or like direction prior to the effective date of this part. Nothing in this part, however, shall be deemed to supersede any of the following (including future amendments thereof):
(1) Executive Orders 10925, 11114 and 11246 and regulations issued thereunder,
(2) The “Standards for a Merit System of Personnel Administration,” issued jointly by the Secretaries of Defense, of Health, Education and Welfare, and of Labor, 23 FR 734, or
(3) Any other regulation or instruction insofar as it prohibits discrimination on the ground of race, color, or national origin in any program or situation to which this part is inapplicable, or prohibits discrimination on any other ground.
(b) Supervision and coordination.
(1) The Secretary may from time to time assign to officials of other departments or agencies of the government (with the consent of such department or agency) responsibilities in connection with the effectuation of the purposes of title VI of the Act and this part (other than responsibility for final decision as provided in § 31.11), including the achievement of effective coordination and maximum uniformity within the Department and within the executive branch of the Government in the application of title VI and this part to similar programs and in similar situations.
(2) Any action taken, determination made, or requirement imposed by an official of another Department or agency acting pursuant to an assignment of responsibility under this subsection shall have the same effect as though such action had been taken by the Secretary.