29 CFR 34.53 - Suspension, termination, denial or discontinuance of Federal financial assistance under JTPA; alternate funds disbursal procedure.
(a) Any action to suspend, terminate, deny or discontinue Federal financial assistance under JTPA shall be limited to the particular political entity, or part thereof or other recipient (or grant applicant) as to which the finding has been made and shall be limited in its effect to the particular program, or part thereof, in which the noncompliance has been found. No order suspending, terminating, denying or discontinuing Federal financial assistance under JTPA shall become effective until:
(1) The Director has issued a Final Determination pursuant to § 34.46 or Notification of Breach of Conciliation Agreement pursuant to § 34.48;
(2) There has been an express finding on the record, after opportunity for a hearing, of failure by the grant applicant or recipient to comply with a requirement imposed by or pursuant to the nondiscrimination and equal opportunity provisions of JTPA or this part;
(3) A Final Decision has been issued by the Secretary, the Administrative Law Judge's decision and order has become the Final Decision of the Secretary, or the Final Determination or Notification of Conciliation Agreement has been deemed the Final Decision of the Secretary, pursuant to § 34.52(b); and
(4) The expiration of 30 days after the Secretary has filed, with the committees of Congress having legislative jurisdiction over the program involved, a full written report of the circumstances and grounds for such action.
(b) When the Department withholds funds from a recipient or grant applicant under these regulations, the Secretary may disburse the withheld funds directly to an alternate recipient. In such case, the Secretary will require any alternate recipient to demonstrate:
(1) The ability to comply with these regulations; and
(2) The ability to achieve the goals of the nondiscrimination and equal opportunity provisions of JTPA.