29 CFR 37.110 - What enforcement procedures does the Department follow to effect compliance with the nondiscrimination and equal opportunity provisions of WIA and this part?
(a)Sanctions; judicial enforcement. If compliance has not been achieved after issuance of a Final Determination under §§ 37.99 and 37.100, or a Notification of Breach of Conciliation Agreement under §§ 37.102 through 37.105, the Secretary may:
(1) After opportunity for a hearing, suspend, terminate, deny or discontinue the WIA Title I financial assistance, in whole or in part;
(2) Refer the matter to the Attorney General with a recommendation that an appropriate civil action be instituted; or
(3) Take such action as may be provided by law.
(b)Deferral of new grants. When proceedings under § 37.111 have been initiated against a particular recipient, the Department may defer action on that recipient's applications for new WIA Title I financial assistance until a Final Decision under § 37.112 has been rendered. Deferral is not appropriate when WIA Title I financial assistance is due and payable under a previously approved application.
(1) New WIA Title I financial assistance includes all assistance for which an application or approval, including renewal or continuation of existing activities, or authorization of new activities, is required during the deferral period.
(2) New WIA Title I financial assistance does not include assistance approved before the beginning of proceedings under § 37.111, or increases in funding as a result of changed computations of formula awards.