29 CFR 4050.6 - Payment and required documentation.
(a) Time of payment and filing. The plan administrator must pay designated benefits, and file the information and certifications (of the plan administrator and the plan's enrolled actuary) specified in the missing participant forms and instructions, by the time the post-distribution certification is due. Except as otherwise provided in the missing participant forms and instructions, the plan administrator must submit the designated benefits, information, and certifications with the post-distribution certification.
(1) Interest on late payments. Except as provided in paragraph (b)(2) of this section, if the plan administrator does not pay a designated benefit by the time specified in paragraph (a) of this section, the plan administrator must pay interest as assessed by the PBGC for the period beginning on the deemed distribution date and ending on the date when the payment is received by the PBGC. Interest will be assessed at the rate provided for late premium payments in § 4007.7 of this chapter. Interest assessed under this paragraph will be deemed paid in full if payment of the amount assessed is received by the PBGC within 30 days after the date of a PBGC bill for such amount.
(2) Assessment of interest and penalties. The PBGC will assess interest for late payment of a designated benefit or a penalty for late filing of information only to the extent paid or filed beyond the time provided in § 4041.29(b).
(c) Supplemental information. Within 30 days after the date of a written request from the PBGC, a plan administrator required to provide the information and certifications described in paragraph (a) of this section must file supplemental information, as requested, for the purpose of verifying designated benefits, determining benefits to be paid by the PBGC under this part, and substantiating diligent searches.
(1) Method and date of filing. The PBGC applies the rules in subpart A of part 4000 of this chapter to determine permissible methods of filing with the PBGC under this part. The PBGC applies the rules in subpart C of part 4000 of this chapter to determine the date that a submission under this part was filed with the PBGC.
(2) Where to file. See § 4000.4 of this chapter for information on where to file.
(3) Computation of time. The PBGC applies the rules in subpart D of part 4000 of this chapter to compute any time period for filing under this part. However, for purposes of determining the amount of an interest charge under § 4050.6(b) or § 4050.12(c)(2)(iii), the rule in § 4000.43(a) of this chapter governing periods ending on weekends or Federal holidays does not apply.
Title 29 published on 2013-07-01.
No entries appear in the Federal Register after this date, for 29 CFR Part 4050.