29 CFR Appendix A to Part 2 - Notice of Beneficiary Religious Liberty Protections
[Insert Name of Organization]:
[Insert Name of Program]:
[Insert Contact information for Program Staff (name, phone number, and email address, if appropriate)]:
Because this program is supported in whole or in part by financial assistance from the Federal Government, we are required to let you know that:
(1) We may not discriminate against you on the basis of religion or religious belief, a refusal to hold a religious belief, or a refusal to attend or participate in a religious practice;
(2) We may not require you to attend or participate in any explicitly religious activities (including activities that involve overt religious content such as worship, religious instruction, or proselytization) that are offered by our organization, and any participation by beneficiaries in such activities must be purely voluntary;
(3) We must separate out in time or location any privately-funded explicitly religious activities (including activities that involve overt religious content such as worship, religious instruction, or proselytization) from activities supported with direct Federal financial assistance;
(4) If you object to the religious character of an organization, we must make reasonable efforts to identify and refer you to an alternative provider to which you have no objection. We cannot guarantee, however, that in every instance, an alternative provider will be available; and
(5) You may report violations of these protections to, or file a written complaint of any denials of services or benefits by an organization, with the U.S. Department of Labor's Civil Rights Center, 200 Constitution Ave. NW., Room N-4123, Washington, DC 20210, or by email to CivilRightsCenter@dol.gov.
This written notice must be given to you prior to the time you enroll in the program or receive services from such programs, unless the nature of the service provided or urgent circumstances makes it impracticable to provide such notice in advance of the actual service. In such an instance, this notice must be given to you at the earliest available opportunity.