This appendix serves as a non-mandatory guideline to assist employers in complying with the ladder loading and strength requirements of § 1926.1053(a)(1). A ladder designed and built in accordance with the applicable national consensus standards, as set forth below, will be considered to meet the requirements of § 1926.1053(a)(1):
• Manufactured portable wood ladders: American National Standards Institute (ANSI) A14.1-1982—American National Standard for Ladders-Portable Wood-Safety Requirements.
• Manufactured portable metal ladders: ANSI A14.2-1982—American National Standard for Ladders—Portable Metal-Safety Requirements.
• Manufactured fixed ladders: ANSI A14.3-1984—American National Standard for Ladders-Fixed-Safety Requirements.
• Job-made ladders: ANSI A14.4-1979—Safety Requirements for Job-Made Ladders.
• Plastic ladders: ANSI A14.5-1982—American National Standard for Ladders-Portable Reinforced Plastic-Safety Requirements.
Title 29 published on 2015-07-01.
The following are only the Rules published in the Federal Register after the published date of Title 29.
For a complete list of all Rules, Proposed Rules, and Notices view the Rulemaking tab.
This is a list of United States Code sections, Statutes at Large, Public Laws, and Presidential Documents, which provide rulemaking authority for this CFR Part.