(1) Recover fluid from the well completion equivalent to the amount of fluid introduced into the formation during completion, recompletion, reworking, or treatment operations before you start a well test;
(2) Produce the well completion under stabilized rate conditions for at least 6 consecutive hours before beginning the test period;
(3) Conduct the test for at least 4 consecutive hours;
(4) Adjust measured gas volumes to the standard conditions of 14.73 pounds per square inch absolute (psia) and 60 °F for all tests; and
(5) Use measured specific gravity values to calculate gas volumes.
(b) You may request approval from the Regional Supervisor to conduct a well test using alternative procedures if you can demonstrate test reliability under those procedures.
(c) The Regional Supervisor may also require you to conduct the following tests and complete them within a specified time period:
(1) A retest or a prolonged test of a well completion if it is determined to be necessary for the proper establishment of a Maximum Production Rate (MPR) or a Maximum Efficient Rate (MER); and
(2) A multipoint back-pressure test to determine the theoretical open-flow potential of a gas well.
(d) A BSEE representative may witness any well test. Upon request, you must provide advance notice to the Regional Supervisor of the times and dates of well tests.
Title 30 published on 2014-07-01
no entries appear in the Federal Register after this date.
This is a list of United States Code sections, Statutes at Large, Public Laws, and Presidential Documents, which provide rulemaking authority for this CFR Part.