30 CFR 250.1161 - When may I flare or vent gas for extended periods of time?

§ 250.1161 When may I flare or vent gas for extended periods of time?

You must request and receive approval from the Regional Supervisor to flare or vent gas for an extended period of time. The Regional Supervisor will specify the approved period of time, which will not exceed 1 year. The Regional Supervisor may deny your request if it does not ensure the conservation of natural resources or is not consistent with National interests relating to development and production of minerals of the OCS. The Regional Supervisor may approve your request for one of the following reasons:

(a) You initiated an action which, when completed, will eliminate flaring and venting; or

(b) You submit to the Regional Supervisor an evaluation supported by engineering, geologic, and economic data indicating that the oil and gas produced from the well(s) will not economically support the facilities necessary to sell the gas or to use the gas on or for the benefit of the lease.

This is a list of United States Code sections, Statutes at Large, Public Laws, and Presidential Documents, which provide rulemaking authority for this CFR Part.

This list is taken from the Parallel Table of Authorities and Rules provided by GPO [Government Printing Office].

It is not guaranteed to be accurate or up-to-date, though we do refresh the database weekly. More limitations on accuracy are described at the GPO site.

United States Code
U.S. Code: Title 31 - MONEY AND FINANCE
U.S. Code: Title 43 - PUBLIC LANDS
The section you are viewing is cited by the following CFR sections.