30 CFR 250.1164 - What are the requirements for flaring or venting gas containing H 2 S?
(a) You may not vent gas containing H2S, except for minor releases during maintenance and repair activities that do not result in a 15-minute time-weighted average atmosphere concentration of H2S of 20 ppm or higher anywhere on the platform.
(1) For safety or air pollution prevention purposes, the Regional Supervisor may further restrict the flaring of gas containing H2S. The Regional Supervisor will use information provided in the lessee's H2S Contingency Plan (§ 250.490(f)), Exploration Plan, DPP, DOCD submitted to BOEM, and associated documents to determine the need for restrictions; and
(2) If the Regional Supervisor determines that flaring at a facility or group of facilities may significantly affect the air quality of an onshore area, the Regional Supervisor may require you to conduct an air quality modeling analysis, under 30 CFR 550.303, to determine the potential effect of facility emissions. The Regional Supervisor may require monitoring and reporting, or may restrict or prohibit flaring, under 30 CFR 550.303 and 30 CFR 550.304.
(1) The volume and duration of each flaring and venting occurrence;
(2) H2S concentration in the flared or vented gas; and
(3) The calculated amount of SO2 emitted.
Title 30 published on 2015-07-01
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 30 CFR Part 250 after this date.