30 CFR 250.1622 - Approvals and reporting of well-completion and well-workover operations.
(a) No well-completion or well-workover operation shall begin until the lessee receives written approval from the District Manager. Approval for such operations shall be requested on Form BSEE-0124. Approvals by the District Manager shall be based upon a determination that the operations will be conducted in a manner to protect against harm or damage to life, property, natural resources of the OCS, including any mineral deposits, the National security or defense, or the marine, coastal, or human environment.
(b) The following information shall be submitted with Form BSEE-0124 (or with Form BSEE-0123):
(1) A brief description of the well-completion or well-workover procedures to be followed;
(2) When changes in existing subsurface equipment are proposed, a schematic drawing showing the well equipment; and
(3) Where the well is in zones known to contain H2S or zones where the presence of H2S is unknown, a description of the safety precautions to be implemented.
(1) Within 30 days after completion, Form BSEE-0125, including a schematic of the tubing and the results of any well tests, shall be submitted to the District Manager.
(2) Within 30 days after completing the well-workover operation, except routine operations, Form BSEE-0124 shall be submitted to the District Manager and shall include the results of any well tests and a new schematic of the well if any subsurface equipment has been changed.
Title 30 published on 2015-07-01
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 30 CFR Part 250 after this date.