30 CFR 250.619 - Tubing and wellhead equipment.
(a) No tubing string shall be placed in service or continue to be used unless such tubing string has the necessary strength and pressure integrity and is otherwise suitable for its intended use.
(b) When reinstalling the tree, you must:
(1) Equip wells to monitor for casing pressure according to the following chart:
|If you have . . .||you must equip . . .||so you can monitor . . .|
|(i) fixed platform wells,||the wellhead,||all annuli (A, B, C, D,
|(ii) subsea wells,||the tubing head,||the production casing annulus (A annulus).|
|(iii) hybrid* wells,||the surface wellhead,||all annuli at the surface (A and B riser annuli). If the production casing below the mudline and the production casing riser above the mudline are pressure isolated from each other, provisions must be made to monitor the production casing below the mudline for casing pressure.|
* Characterized as a well drilled with a subsea wellhead and completed with a surface casing head, a surface tubing head, a surface tubing hanger, and a surface christmas tree.
(2) Follow the casing pressure management requirements in subpart E of this part.
(c) Wellhead, tree, and related equipment shall have a pressure rating greater than the shut-in tubing pressure and shall be designed, installed, used, maintained, and tested so as to achieve and maintain pressure control. The tree shall be equipped with a minimum of one master valve and one surface safety valve in the vertical run of the tree when it is reinstalled.
(d) Subsurface safety equipment must be installed, maintained, and tested in compliance with the applicable sections in §§ 250.810 through 250.839.
(1) All permanently installed packers and bridge plugs must comply with API Spec. 11D1 (as incorporated by reference in § 250.198);
(2) The production packer must be set at a depth that will allow for a column of weighted fluids to be placed above the packer that will exert a hydrostatic force greater than or equal to the force created by the reservoir pressure below the packer;
(3) The production packer must be set as close as practically possible to the perforated interval; and
(4) The production packer must be set at a depth that is within the cemented interval of the selected casing section.
Title 30 published on 20-Dec-2017 04:15
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 30 CFR Part 250 after this date.