30 CFR 250.806 - Safety and pollution prevention equipment quality assurance requirements.
(a) General requirements.
(i) Surface safety valves (SSV) and actuators;
(ii) Underwater safety valves (USV) and actuators; and
(iii) Subsurface safety valves (SSSV) and associated safety valve locks and landing nipples.
(2) Certified SPPE is equipment the manufacturer certifies as manufactured under a quality assurance program BSEE recognizes. BSEE considers all other SPPE as noncertified. BSEE recognizes two quality assurance programs:
(i) ANSI/ASME SPPE-1-1994 and SPPE-1d-1996 Addenda, Quality Assurance and Certification of Safety and Pollution Prevention Equipment Used in Offshore Oil and Gas Operations (as incorporated by reference in § 250.198); and
(ii) API Spec Q1, Specification for Quality Programs for the Petroleum, Petrochemical and Natural Gas Industry (as incorporated by reference in § 250.198).
(3) All SSV's and USV's must meet the technical specifications of API Spec 6A and 6AV1. All SSSVs must meet the technical specifications of API Specification 14A (as incorporated by reference in § 250.198). However, SSSVs and related equipment planned to be used in high pressure high temperature environments must meet the additional requirements set forth in § 250.807.
(4) For information on all standards mentioned in this section, see § 250.198.
(b) Use of noncertified SPPE.
(1) Before April 1, 1998, you may continue to use and install noncertified SPPE if it was in your inventory as of April 1, 1988, and was included in a list of noncertified SPPE submitted to BSEE prior to August 29, 1988.
(2) On or after April 1, 1998:
(i) You may not install additional noncertified SPPE; and
(c) Recognizing other quality assurance programs. The BSEE will consider recognizing other quality assurance programs covering the manufacture of SPPE. If you want BSEE to evaluate other quality assurance programs, submit relevant information about the program and reasons for recognition by BSEE to the Chief, Office of Offshore Regulatory Programs; Bureau of Safety and Environmental Enforcement; MS-4020; 381 Elden Street, Herndon, Virginia 20170-4817.
Title 30 published on 2015-07-01
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 30 CFR Part 250 after this date.