§ 250.919What in-service inspection requirements must I meet?
(a) You must submit a comprehensive in-service inspection report annually by November 1 to the Regional Supervisor that must include:
(1) A list of fixed and floating platforms you inspected in the preceding 12 months;
(2) The extent and area of inspection for both the above-water and underwater portions of the platform and the pertinent components of the mooring system for floating platforms;
(3) The type of inspection employed (e.g., visual, magnetic particle, ultrasonic testing);
(4) The overall structural condition of each platform, including a corrosion protection evaluation; and
(5) A summary of the inspection results indicating what repairs, if any, were needed.
(b) If any of your structures have been exposed to a natural occurrence (e.g., hurricane, earthquake, or tropical storm), the Regional Supervisor may require you to submit an initial report of all structural damage, followed by subsequent updates, which include the following:
(1) A list of affected structures;
(2) A timetable for conducting the inspections described in section 14.4.3 of API RP 2A-WSD (as incorporated by reference in § 250.198); and
(3) An inspection plan for each structure that describes the work you will perform to determine the condition of the structure.
(c) The Regional Supervisor may also require you to submit the results of the inspections referred to in paragraph (b)(2) of this section, including a description of any detected damage that may adversely affect structural integrity, an assessment of the structure's ability to withstand any anticipated environmental conditions, and any remediation plans. Under §§ 250.900(b)(3) and 250.905, you must obtain approval from BSEE before you make major repairs of any damage unless you meet the requirements of § 250.900(c).
Title 30 published on 2014-07-01
no entries appear in the Federal Register after this date.
This is a list of United States Code sections, Statutes at Large, Public Laws, and Presidential Documents, which provide rulemaking authority for this CFR Part.