30 CFR 251.5 - Applying for permits or filing Notices.
(a) Permits. You must submit a signed original and three copies of the MMS permit application form (Form MMS-327). The form includes names of persons; the type, location, purpose, and dates of activity; and environmental and other information. A nonrefundable service fee of $2,012 must be paid electronically through Pay.gov at: https://www.pay.gov/paygov /, and you must include a copy of the Pay.gov confirmation receipt page with your application.
(b) Disapproval of permit application. If MMS disapproves your application for a permit, the Regional Director will state the reasons for the denial and will advise you of the changes needed to obtain approval.
(2) The name(s) of any other person(s) participating in the proposed research, including the sponsor;
(6) The name, registry number, registered owner, and port of registry of vessels used in the operation;
(7) The earliest practicable time you expect to make the data and information resulting from your research activity available to the public;
(9) That you and others involved will not sell or withhold for exclusive use the data and information resulting from your research; and
(10) At your option, you may submit (as a substitute for the material required in paragraphs (c)(7), (c)(8), and (c)(9) of this section) the nonexclusive use agreement for scientific research attachment to Form 327.
(d) Filing locations. You must apply for a permit or file a Notice at one of the following locations:
(1) For the OCS off the State of Alaska—the Regional Supervisor for Resource Evaluation, Minerals Management Service, Alaska OCS Region, 949 East 36th Avenue, Anchorage, Alaska 99508-4302.
(2) For the OCS off the Atlantic Coast and in the Gulf of Mexico—the Regional Supervisor for Resource Evaluation, Minerals Management Service, Gulf of Mexico OCS Region, 1201 Elmwood Park Boulevard, New Orleans, Louisiana 70123-2394.
(3) For the OCS off the coast of the States of California, Oregon, Washington, or Hawaii—the Regional Supervisor for Resource Evaluation, Minerals Management Service, Pacific OCS Region, 770 Paseo Camarillo, Camarillo, California 93010-6064.
Beta! The text on the eCFR tab represents the unofficial eCFR text at ecfr.gov.
This section’s status may have changed. It may have been renumbered, reserved, or removed.