30 CFR 57.6161 - Auxiliary facilities.
(a) Auxiliary facilities used to store explosive material near work places shall be wooden, box-type containers equipped with covers or doors, or facilities constructed or mined-out to provide equivalent impact resistance and confinement.
(b) The auxiliary facilities shall be -
(1) Constructed of nonsparking material on the inside when used for the storage of explosives;
(2) Kept clean, suitably dry, and orderly;
(3) Kept in repair;
(4) Located out of the line of blasts so they will not be subjected to damaging shock or flyrock;
(5) Identified with warning signs or coded to indicate the contents with markings visible from any approach;
(6) Located at least 15 feet from all haulageways and electrical equipment, or placed entirely within a mined-out recess in the rib used exclusively for explosive material;
(7) Filled with no more than a one-week supply of explosive material;
(8) Separated by at least 25 feet from other facilities used to store detonators; and
(9) Kept securely locked unless all access to the mine is either locked or attended.
Title 30 published on 2015-07-01
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 30 CFR Part 57 after this date.