30 CFR 57.6501 - Nonelectric initiation systems.
(a) When the nonelectric initiation system uses shock tube -
(1) Connections with other initiation devices shall be secured in a manner which provides for uninterrupted propagation;
(2) Factory-made units shall be used as assembled and shall not be cut except that a single splice is permitted on the lead-in trunkline during dry conditions; and
(b) When the nonelectric initiation system uses detonating cord -
(2) In multiple row blasts, the trunkline layout shall be designed so that the detonation can reach each blasthole from at least two directions;
(3) Connections shall be tight and kept at right angles to the trunkline;
(6) Lead-in lines shall be manually unreeled if connected to the trunklines at the blast site.
(c) When nonelectric initiation systems use gas tube, continuity of the circuit shall be tested prior to blasting.