30 CFR 62.180 - Training.
(a) The mine operator must, within 30 days of a miner's enrollment into a hearing conservation program, provide the miner with training. The mine operator must give training every 12 months thereafter if the miner's noise exposure continues to equal or exceed the action level. Training must include:
(1) The effects of noise on hearing;
(2) The purpose and value of wearing hearing protectors;
(3) The advantages and disadvantages of the hearing protectors to be offered;
(4) The various types of hearing protectors offered by the mine operator and the care, fitting, and use of each type;
(5) The general requirements of this part;
(6) The mine operator's and miner's respective tasks in maintaining mine noise controls; and
(7) The purpose and value of audiometric testing and a summary of the procedures.
(b) The mine operator must certify the date and type of training given each miner, and maintain the miner's most recent certification for as long as the miner is enrolled in the hearing conservation program and for at least 6 months thereafter.