30 CFR 700.13 - Notice of citizen suits.
(a) A person who intends to initiate a civil action on his or her own behalf under section 520 of the Act shall give notice of intent to do so, in accordance with this section.
(b) Notice shall be given by certified mail to the Secretary and the Director in all cases and to the head of the State regulatory authority, if a complaint involves or relates to a specific State. A copy of the notice shall be sent by first class mail to the Regional Director, if the complaint involves or relates to surface coal mining and reclamation operations in a specific region of the Office.
(d) Service of notice under this section is complete upon mailing to the last known address of the person being notified.
(1) Sufficient information to identify the provision of the Act, regulation, order, or permit allegedly violated;
(2) The act or omission alleged to constitute a violation;
(4) The date, time, and location of the alleged violation;
(5) The name, address, and telephone number of the person giving notice; and
(6) The name, address, and telephone number of legal counsel, if any, of the person giving notice.
(1) The provision of the Act containing the mandatory act or duty allegedly not performed;
(2) Sufficient information to identify the omission alleged to constitute the failure to perform a mandatory act or duty under the Act;
(3) The name, address, and telephone number of the person giving notice; and
(4) The name, address, and telephone number of legal counsel, if any, of the person giving notice.
Title 30 published on 2015-07-01
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 30 CFR Part 700 after this date.