30 CFR § 764.19 - Decision.
(a) In reaching its decision, the regulatory authority shall use -
(1) The information contained in the data base and inventory system;
(2) Information provided by other governmental agencies;
(3) The detailed statement when it is prepared under § 764.17(e); and
(4) Any other relevant information submitted during the comment period.
(b) A final written decision shall be issued by the regulatory authority, including a statemtent of reasons, within 60 days of completion of the public hearing, or, if no public hearing is held, then within 12 months after receipt of the complete petition. The regulatory authority shall simultaneously send the decision by certified mail to the petitioner and intervenors and by regular mail to all other persons involved in the proceeding.
(c) The decision of the State regulatory authority with respect to a petition, or the failure of the regulatory authority to act within the time limits set forth in this section, shall be subject to judicial review by a court of competent jurisdiction in accordance with State law under section 526(e) of the Act and § 775.13 of this chapter. All relevant portions of the data base, inventory system, and public comments received during the public comment period set by the regulatory authority shall be considered and included in the record of the administrative proceeding.
The following state regulations pages link to this page.
- Iowa Admin. Code r. 27-40.23 - 27.40.23 - State procedures for designating areas unsuitable for surface coal mining operations.