30 CFR 772.11 - Notice requirements for exploration removing 250 tons of coal or less.
(a) Any person who intends to conduct coal exploration operations outside a permit area during which 250 tons or less of coal will be removed, shall, before conducting the exploration, file with the regulatory authority a written notice of intention to explore. Exploration which will take place on lands designated as unsuitable for surface coal mining operations under subchapter F of this chapter, shall be subject to the permitting requirements under § 772.12. Exploration conducted under a notice of intent shall be subject to the requirements prescribed under § 772.13.
(b) The notice shall include -
(1) The name, address, and telephone number of the person seeking to explore;
(2) The name, address, and telephone number of the person's representative who will be present at, and responsible for, conducting the exploration activities;
(3) A narrative describing the proposed exploration area or a map at a scale of 1:24,000, or greater, showing the proposed area of exploration and the general location of drill holes and trenches, existing and proposed roads, occupied dwellings, topographic features, bodies of surface water, and pipelines;
(4) A statement of the period of intended exploration; and
(5) A description of the method of exploration to be used and the practices that will be followed to protect the environment and to reclaim the area from adverse impacts of the exploration activities in accordance with the applicable requirements of part 815 of this chapter.
Title 30 published on 2015-10-21.
No entries appear in the Federal Register after this date, for 30 CFR Part 772.