Beta! The text on the eCFR tab represents the unofficial eCFR text at ecfr.gov.
§ 773.23 Suspension or rescission requirements for improvidently issued permits.
(a) Except as provided in paragraph (b) of this section, we, the regulatory authority, must suspend or rescind your permit upon expiration of the time specified in § 773.22(b) or (c) of this part unless you submit evidence and we find that -
(1) The violation has been abated or corrected to the satisfaction of the agency with jurisdiction over the violation;
(3) Our finding for suspension or rescission was in error;
(4) The violation is the subject of a good faith administrative or judicial appeal (unless there is an initial judicial decision affirming the violation, and that decision remains in force);
(5) The violation is the subject of an abatement plan or payment schedule that is being met to the satisfaction of the agency with jurisdiction over the violation; or
(6) You are pursuing a good faith challenge or administrative or judicial appeal of the relevant ownership or control listing or finding (unless there is an initial judicial decision affirming the listing or finding, and that decision remains in force).
(b) If you have requested administrative review of a notice of proposed suspension or rescission under § 773.22(e) of this part, we will not suspend or rescind your permit unless and until the Office of Hearings and Appeals or its State counterpart affirms our finding that your permit was improvidently issued.
(c) When we suspend or rescind your permit under this section, we must -
(d) If we suspend or rescind your permit under this section, you may request administrative review of the notice under the procedures at 43 CFR 4.1370 through 4.1377 (when OSM is the regulatory authority) or under the State regulatory program equivalent (when a State is the regulatory authority). Alternatively, you may seek judicial review of the notice.