30 CFR 779.19 - What information on vegetation must I include in my permit application?
(a) You must identify, describe, and map existing vegetation types and plant communities within the proposed permit area. If you propose to use reference areas for purposes of determining revegetation success under § 816.116 of this chapter, you also must identify, describe, and map existing vegetation types and plant communities within any proposed reference areas.
(b) The description and map required under paragraph (a) of this section must -
(1) Be in sufficient detail to assist in preparation of the revegetation plan under § 780.12(g) of this chapter and provide a baseline for comparison with postmining vegetation;
(2) Be adequate to evaluate whether the vegetation provides important habitat for fish and wildlife and whether the proposed permit area contains native plant communities of local or regional significance;
(3) Identify areas with significant populations of non-native invasive or noxious species; and
(4) Delineate all wetlands and all areas bordering streams that either support or are capable of supporting hydrophytic or hydrophilic vegetation or vegetation typical of floodplains.
(c) If the vegetation on the proposed permit area has been altered by human activity, you must describe the native vegetation and plant communities typical of that area in the absence of human alterations.
- 30 CFR 816.116 — What Requirements Apply to Standards for Determining Revegetation Success?
- 30 CFR 780.12 — What Must the Reclamation Plan Include?
- 30 CFR 816.57 — What Additional Performance Standards Apply to Mining Activities Conducted in or Through a Perennial or Intermittent Stream or on the Surface of Land Within 100 Feet of a Perennial or Intermittent Stream?
- 30 CFR 816.56 — What Additional Performance Standards Apply to Mining Activities Conducted in or Through an Ephemeral Stream?
- 30 CFR 816.22 — How Must I Handle Topsoil, Subsoil, and Other Plant Growth Media?
- 30 CFR 816.111 — How Must I Revegetate Areas Disturbed by Mining Activities?