30 CFR 780.13 - What additional maps and plans must I include in the reclamation plan?
(a) In addition to the maps and plans required under § 779.24 and other provisions of this subchapter, your application must include maps, plans, and cross-sections of the proposed permit area showing -
(1) The lands that you propose to affect throughout the life of the operation, including the sequence and timing of surface mining activities and the sequence and timing of backfilling, grading, and other reclamation activities on areas where the operation will disturb the land surface.
(3) Any change that the proposed operations will cause in a facility or feature identified under § 779.24 of this chapter.
(4) All buildings, utility corridors, and facilities to be used or constructed within the proposed permit area, with identification of those facilities that you propose to retain as part of the postmining land use.
(5) Each coal storage, cleaning, processing, and loading area and facility.
(7) Each water diversion, collection, conveyance, treatment, storage and discharge facility to be used, including the location of each point at which water will be discharged from the proposed permit area to a surface-water body and the name of that water body.
(8) Each disposal facility for coal mine waste and noncoal mine waste materials.
(9) Each feature and facility to be constructed to protect or enhance fish, wildlife, and related environmental values.
(10) Each explosive storage and handling facility.
(11) The location of each siltation structure, sedimentation pond, permanent water impoundment, refuse pile, and coal mine waste impoundment for which plans are required by § 780.25 of this part, and the location of each excess spoil fill for which plans are required under § 780.35 of this part.
(12) Each segment of a perennial or intermittent stream that you propose to mine through, bury, or divert.
(14) Each streamside vegetative corridor that you propose to establish.
(16) The location and geographic coordinates of each monitoring point for groundwater and surface water.
(17) The location and geographic coordinates of each point at which you propose to monitor the biological condition of perennial and intermittent streams.
(b) Except as provided in §§ 780.25(a)(2), 780.25(a)(3), 780.35, 816.74(c), and 816.81(c) of this chapter, maps, plans, and cross-sections required under paragraphs (a)(5), (6), (7), (10), and (11) of this section must be prepared by, or under the direction of, and certified by a qualified registered professional engineer, a professional geologist, or, in any state that authorizes land surveyors to prepare and certify maps, plans, and cross-sections, a qualified registered professional land surveyor, with assistance from experts in related fields such as landscape architecture.
Title 30 published on 2015-10-21
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 30 CFR Part 780 after this date.